Sometimes I dream of making fancy desserts that belong in a Parisian bakery store-front, or at a wedding at the a fancy hotel.
Other times I just want to sit in my sweatpants and eat raw cookie dough out of a mixer bowl. Yes – I want to lick the chocolate off the spatula, and no – I don’t have the mental strength to deal with potential kitchen failures. These Brown Butter, or *fixes fancy pants* Beurre Noisette chocolate chip blondies are for those times. The times when you need something decadent & delicious that require the least effort. The times when you want pockets of melt in your mouth gooey chocolate, and you don’t care if your fingers get messy. The times when you lack the patience to wait for cookie dough to chill, and the determination to wash more than one bowl, but you still need the warmth of a delicious baked good fresh out of the oven and oozing with chocolate.
If you’ve been following me long enough, you’re probably tuned in to my love for no fuss, no mess recipes, so anything “one bowl” snags major points.
Now let’s break these delectable bars down into their 2 main components that give so much flavor: Beurre noisette & chocolate chips.
What would you do if I tell you that there’s actually a way to make butter even better. Just by melting your butter for a little longer until the milk solids begin to form you get a rich, fragrant, almost nutty aroma and so much extra flavor. However, if you’re not comfortable with this process, you can just melt your butter and use that, but you just won’t get that nutty flavor.
These Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies are there in your darkest times. Comforting, homey & warm.
Beurre Noisette (Browned Butter) Blondies
- 170 g unsalted butter
- 280 g light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 225 g all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 200 g white Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 175 C and line 8×8 inch square pan.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and heat them till they turn light brown in color. Or you can just use melted butter, but that will not give out the same nutty flavor. Whisk in the sugar until well combined.
- In a small bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs and vanilla into the butter/sugar mixture. Then fold in the flour till all white streaks disappear. Add chocolate, and fold again.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 28-35 minutes. The blondies should be set on the sides but should have a slight wobble in the middle.
- Slice them into 16 little squares. Serve alone or with an ice cream scoop. Store in an air-tight container for up to one week.
Bon Appetit 🙂