Everyone loves a good old chocolate chip cookie. Now take that cookie, roll it into one giant dough, stuff it with Nutella, and you’ll get the mother or all cookies.
Deep Dish Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie.
Who could resist a warm chocolate chip cookie served in a dish with warm chocolate oozing out of it? IT’s buttery and gooey on the inside – crispy and set on the outside – Nutella stuffed magical pie of-a-chocolate-chip-cookie will have you desperately scraping each and every crumb directly outta the pan like you’ve been starving for weeks.
My original plan was to stuff this with peanut butter, but with the heat we’re having, the jar I had turned bad, and since I’m traveling in a few days, I didn’t want to but one and leave half of it in the pantry. This naturally steered me to the jar of Nutella in my fridge.
In an attempt to use up everything in my fridge before I leave, I threw in some butterscotch kisses and even more chopped dark chocolate. Can we pause for a second to talk about the flavors going on here? The sweetness from the Nutella and the somehow salty hint from the butterscotch, then you get the hit from the dark chocolate makes it a real party in your mouth.
The first piece was cut out for the sake of the picture. But for serving, I just dumped a couple of scoops onto the cookie and dug in with spoons. But be careful, it’s guaranteed to be messy.
There really are no excuses not to make this cookie, I only had two guests and the whole dish was wiped out clean in a matter of seconds. However, you can use this recipe from Evil Twin Kitchen that will give you a smaller batch.
- 100 grams (1 stick butter, softened
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup AP flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dark/semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup nutella, melted
- chopped dark chocolate and butterscotch kisses (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 175°c . Butter or spray a 9 in or pie dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugars and vanilla, and whisk until light and creamy. Add the egg and whisk again until combined. Add the flour, baking soda and salt, and mix dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and spoon ½ the cookie dough onto the prepared pan.
- Melt the Nutella in the microwave for 30 seconds until it becomes thinner in consistency.
- Pour the Nutella over the cookie dough in the skillet evenly leaving some space from the edge. Add the chopped chocolate and kisses if using, then top with remaining cookie dough. The easiest way I found was to dollop spoonfuls of the cookie dough, then smoothing the layer with the back of a metal spoon (and your fingers if you need to). Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes for a gooey cookie. I like a soft, slightly underdone cookie. If you like a more “set” cookie, leave it for a few extra minutes, just careful not to overbake it, since the cookie will continue to cook when removed from the oven. Cool for about 10 minutes before serving, then top with some vanilla ice cream, chocolate or caramel fudge sauce.
Bon Appetit 🙂