I’m packing. I’m packing and trying to write this blog post. I honestly cannot contain my excitement any longer. So I’m sorry if I’m not very chatty for this one.
No Christmas Dessert table is complete without Ginger snaps. And the preparation literally takes 2 steps.
Chewy Ginger Snaps
Makes 26 cookies
- 295 grams butter, softened to room temperature (not melted)
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Set aside.
- Beat together butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and molasses, and beat on medium-low speed until combined.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredient mixture and beat until combined. Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes, until it is chilled (in order to make the dough easy to form into balls and avoid having flat cookies)
- Roll the dough into small balls, about 1-inch in diameter. Place on cookie sheet at least 1 inch apart, then bake for about 8-10 minutes, until the cookies begin to slightly crack on top. (They will crack more while cooling.)
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a minute or two. Then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Serve immediately or store in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
Bon Appetit 🙂