Part two of the “No-bake” series: something creamy. Tiramisu Balls. All the flavor tiramisu has to offer without the hassle of preparing a zabaione. You get the same satisfaction in tiny bite-sized treats.
I know this last picture is a bit blurred, but since they were gobbled up before I could retake a good one of it, I am left with only this to share the inside of these little treats.
No-Bake Tiramisu Balls
Makes around 15 Balls
- 12 hard ladyfingers cookies
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 tbsp instant espresso powder
- 1/3 cup mascarpone
- 1/2 tbsp coffee-flavored liqueur (I used Bailey’s, for an alcohol-free version, just use 1/2 tbsp instant espresso powder diluted in a bit of water)
- 1 tbsp confectioners sugar (For coating)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (For coating)
- In a food processor, pulse the cookies, 1 cup confectioners sugar, and espresso powder until very finely ground.
- Add the mascarpone and liqueur and process until the dough comes together.
- Roll a small amount of dough (depending on the size you prefer), one by one, into balls and transfer to a baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk the cocoa powder and remaining 1 tbsp confectioners sugar. Add the balls, one at a time, gently tossing to coat completely. Place in refrigerator for storage.
Bon Appetit 🙂