It’s only a few more days till my Christmas vacation starts, and I’m overwhelmed with all the planning and preparations. For the first time, I won’t be going home for Christmas. This year, I’m crossing something off my bucket list: Spend Christmas in London.
And since I know how the few days before Christmas tend to be madness, everyone has something to do and somewhere to be, it’s hard to find a spare moment just to relax.
With all the commotion and headaches that are bound to arise, it’s important to just take a breather, and opt for some “No-Bake” desserts. Two combinations came to mind: Something fruity and something creamy.
Part 1 of this “No-bake” series: something fruity.Apricot Coconut Balls. The combination between apricots, coconut and walnuts is the perfect balance of sweet and nutty, with an interesting texture.
Part 2 will be followed in tomorrow’s post. Head over to my Instagram account for a little peak.
And let the sweet voice of Hozier set your mind at peace.
No-Bake Apricot Coconut Bites
Makes around 30 mini balls
- 1 (6 oz.) package dried apricots
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts (or nut of your choice)
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- More coconut flakes for coating
- Place apricots and walnuts in a food processor and pulse until they are finely chopped.
- In large bowl, mix apricots and nut mixture with coconut until well blended. Stir in sweetened condensed milk until thoroughly blended.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and roll in coconut flakes. Place in refrigerator for storage.