No Christmas celebration is complete without a gingerbread treat. Whether it was gingerbread man cookies, cakes, or the enchanting houses that people get really creative with, Ginger is the flavor of the season. (Along with cinnamon and molasses of course).
For my baking list, gingerbread men cookies were on top of it. After a bunch of research, I saw that temperature of the working space is really critical. So I gathered tips and tricks from here and there, all of which mainly told me to chill, chill, and chill. And I did. I left the dough in the fridge for two days, and when I started working with it, it just stuck all over the counter and I had to scoop them off with a spoon. It wasn’t my proudest moment in the kitchen.
I wasn’t gonna let is pass without my gingerbread men, but I also wasn’t prepared to go through the disappointment of an uncooperative dough. So I reverted to one of my oldest recipes, one that has never failed me no matter how bad things went. The cinnamon biscuits.
And there you have it, my cinnamon-man biscuits.
12 Days of baking:
Day 1: Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies
Day 2: Red Velvet Brownie Bars
Day 3: Melt-in-your-mouth Snowball Cookies
Day 4: Easy Chocolate Truffles
Day 5: Hot Cocoa Mix.
Day 6: Chocolate Espresso Pot-de-Creme
Day 7: Chocolate Hazelnut Kisses
Day 8: Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies
Yields: 50 mini men
- 300 grs all purpose fllour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 140 grs butter
- 60 grs sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the over to 180 C and prepare baking sheets.
- Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar till soft, add egg and mix well.
- Mix in the dry ingredients till they start shaping a dough.
- Move the dough to floured surface and kneed.(If the dough turns a bit flaky, out a bit of water on the surface and kneed the dough on it.)
- Roll to 5 mm thickness, and cut out your mini men.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake till golden color, which takes about 10-15 mins, rotating the sheet half way through.
- Place on a cooling rack till completely cool. Store them in an airtight container.
Bon Appetit 🙂