For me, peanut butter trumps chocolate spread every time. What makes it better is mixing them together.. Well maybe not the spreads, but a good peanut butter brownie..
An easy one bowl recipe (well technically 2 bowls but still) perfect for those lazy night cravings.
Peanut Butter Brownies
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
– 1 cup brown sugar
– 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 large eggs
– 3/4 cup flour
– 6 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
– Preheat oven to 180°Cand line a baking dish with 1 sheet of parchment paper, allowing it to hang over each end.
– Place butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a large bowl and stir the mixture until combined. Stir in vanilla; add eggs one at a time, stirring well after each one. When the batter is thick and shiny, add the flour and stir until completely incorporated, then beat briskly for 40 more strokes. Spread batter evenly in lined pan.
– Place peanut butter in a small microwave-safe bowl and heat until slightly melted, about 20 seconds. Dollop peanut butter over brownie batter and swirl gently with a skewer or metal spatula. Tap pan once to remove air bubbles.
– Bake for about 22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out slightly moist with batter. Cool completely on a wire rack.