No I am not on an Oreo frenzy! I happened to be craving cookies and i had a large supply of Oreo in my pantry, and the fact that i have a project due tomorrow and i’m freaking out. I needed to get my mind off of it, i know i got everything covered, but then u have the infamous jury which, even after 5 years of this, still freaks the hell out of me!
So here it is, my way to relieve the stress..
Oreo Cookie Bars.
– 2 1/4 cup flour
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 1 cup (113 grms) unsalted butter, softened
– 3/4 cup light brown sugar
– 1 tsp salt
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup crushed Oreos
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a baking pan very well.
- Combine the flour and baking soda in a medium sized bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until combined and creamy on medium speed.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla and salt and mix.
- Reduce speed to low and slowly mix in the flour mixture until fully combined.
- Stir in the Oreo.
- Transfer the batter to the baking pan and press in well using a rubber spatula. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool completely before cutting into bars.